Tips for Staying Healthy
Quick and easy steps to maintain healthy lifestyle.
- Kick the smoking habit and limit alcohol intake.
- If you are overweight, go on a sensible diet. Cut back on saturated fat intake, eat more fruits and vegetables and take a daily multi-vitamin and calcium supplement.
- Add strength and resistance training exercises to your workout.
- Get plenty of rest and sleep.
- Have an annual physical examination, with a cardiac risk profile and a base-line bone density. For women, include a GYN exam and mammogram. For men, see your urologist for a prostate screening.
Reduce Stress! Reduce stress via meditation, joining a support group, massage therapy, aromatherapy. Be sure to take time for yourself everyday, even if it is just fifteen minutes.
- Immerse yourself in something that you enjoy and something that is just for you. Reward yourself with a special treat, whether it be something that you have always wanted or something that you have always wanted to do.
- Be kind and gentle to yourself.
- Dance for fun and fitness!
This article was contributed by Barbara Craddock and may not be published, broadcast or redistributed without written consent from DanceScape™. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for authorization details.