Re-Energize Your Body, Mind & Spirit Through lifeFLOW Chi (Qi) Gong & danceTONE Fitness
Traditional forms of exercise such as weight training, pilates, and yoga provide a disciplined, but more solitary experience to achieve health and wellness. While fine for the fitness fanatic, those seeking more variety in their daily workout routine now have a fun alternative through dancing.
danceScape’s lifeFLOW ChiGong (fun fusion of Mindful Meditation and Movement to Ballroom, Latin & World Music” with traditional Chi (Qi) Gong exercises and dancing for Stress, Healing and Energy Management) and danceTONE Fitness (medium cardio trim & tone program) are dance- or movement- based programs that incorporates World, Ballroom, and Latin music.
States Program Director, Robert Tang, himself a three-time Canadian and two-time North American Amateur Ballroom Champion, “Fitness clubs can be intimidating with rows of perfectly chiselled bodies working out on machines. Our goal was to create a fun relaxed environment in which participants can re-energize their body, mind and soul through the communal experience.”
Here are the top ten reasons why dancing and dance-based fitness programs can help you stay healthy and young:
- Dancing increases lung capacity, which benefits the cardiovascular system.
- Dancing strengthens the stabilizer muscles, which helps to co-ordinate reflexes.
- Dancing burns anywhere from 5 to 10 calories per minute.
- Dancing aids in the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis.
- Dancing raises HDL (good cholesterol), and lowers LDL (bad cholesterol).
- Dancing keeps the mind quick and alert, as well as helps to improve the memory through the recalling of routines and step patterns.
- Dancing elevates our mood by raising endorphin levels, and thereby enabling us to cope better with stress and depression.
- Dancing helps establish self-confidence and self-discipline.
- Dancing provides opportunities to meet new people and make new friends.
- Dancing improves the harmony between our mind and body, giving us a sense of well-being.
For more information about the health and wellness benefits of Dancing or danceTONE, visit www.dancescape.com/calendar.